Friday, March 29, 2013

Business is better with 1AZAM

Paying the monthly rent used to be a huge burden for satay seller Zulkefli Tajuddin. Every month, he would worry about whether he would have enough money left after paying the RM300 rental, to manage the household expenses and care for his wife and son.

Source from (The Star Online): http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/3/28/nation/12899588&sec=nation
Published: March 29, 2013

Fiery business: Zulkefli preparing satay with the help of assistants at his stall in Teluk Air Tawar, Butterworth.
Fiery business: Zulkefli preparing satay with the help of assistants 
at his stall in Teluk Air Tawar, Butterworth.

Selling satay for a living, the 48-year-old man earns about RM1,000 each month and struggled to pay the bills.

“I did not have the proper equipment or the capital to buy the equipment needed to improve my business.

“I worked day and night, but life proved to be a struggle,” said Zulkefli, who among those who had his life changed after participating in the Government Transformation Plan's skills training course in Penang.

Today, he earns between RM3,000 and RM3,500 each month, and can provide his family with a comfortable life.

“They gave me a fridge, utensils and various other equipment to help me improve my business,” he said, adding that he had also learnt valuable lessons on how to manage his business and maximise his profits during the week-long programme.

“I would advise anyone who has the opportunity to join this training programme, not to miss the chance.

“Opportunities like these only come once in a lifetime,” he said, adding that the programme trainers still called him up to check on his progress more than a year after attending the course.

“My income has increased and I am now living a much better life. I will be forever grateful,” he said.

Another successful participant of the programme, conducted by the Persatuan Profesional Melayu Malaysia (PPMM), is Rosli Ishak from Klang.

The 46-year old who attended the training programme about six months ago now earns up to RM4,000 through his grass-cutting service, compared to less than RM1,000 previously.

“I was doing odd jobs, cutting grass for friends and neighbours whenever I could and working as a guard at night.

“It was a struggle. I was exhausted and yet I was not earning enough to provide for my family,” said Rosli who lives in Klang with his wife and four children.

“We were living on the bare necessities. I did not have a grass cutting machine. I would borrow it from my friend and do the job whenever I could to make some extra money,” he said.

Today, with the help of the programme facilitators, Rosli has obtained a license to set up his own grass-cutting company, enabling him to obtain contracts to provide the service for major companies and agencies.

“They gave me a grass cutting machine of my own, which has made it much easier for me to provide the service whenever there is a request,” he said, adding that the job offers have been pouring in.

He can now afford to buy his children books and better food.

“The programme is really good. They are making a difference in the lives of people who are struggling and trying to make ends meet.

“When we receive help like this, it changes our lives for the better. It improves the future of our children for the better,” he said.

No comments: